My client in High Wycombe is looking for an Financial Systems Assistant to join their finance team on a short term temp basis.
Starting ASAP, this role is expected to last around 6-8 weeks, though this could be extended into November.
Monday – Friday: 37 hours (some flexibility with start and end times). The company would also consider 4 days (30 hours) for the right candidate.
This role is ideally based at the company offices, but remote working is also available with office visits, so you must be local.
To work in conjunction with the Senior Finance Systems Accountant to manage the finance system from both a process and data quality perspective, whilst driving continuous improvement, taking the lead on projects when required to ensure the successful review and implementation of process changes. The post-holder will be a super user for the current in-house system, managing the Finance Service Desk and answering all day to day operational queries within the agreed SLA.
To be responsible for setting system permissions and maintaining the approval hierarchy in line with the Group’s headcount position and code of governance. Working closely with the Senior Systems Accountant and the wider Finance team to maintain the quality of data held within the system, to increase the accuracy of financial reporting. To support the Senior Systems Accountant with Finance transformation project/s, and future projects thereafter through process reviews and data analysis. Working with the Data Warehouse Lead, you will be extracting information from current frameworks to build reports, ensuring that information is in an acceptable format for HMRC.
- Provision of support and guidance to colleagues in relation to the Finance System.
- Assist the Senior Systems Accountant in collecting and translating user requirements into robust systems or process improvements.
- Assist in other areas of the Finance Department as and when required, in terms of data analysis to ensure the timely and accurate production of management information and financial reports.
- Drive a change management culture within Finance by challenging and where appropriate, replace established processes and procedures with more robust and fit for purpose alternatives.
- Collect and translate users and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications in collaboration with the IT Manager and Senior Systems Accountant.
- Provide support and challenge to the management and financial accounting team in the reporting of business activities through critical and expert analysis leading to the simplification, enhancement and optimisation of accounting processes and reporting capabilities.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Finance Service Desk, setting SLAs by query type to ensure the appropriate prioritisation is applied.
- Managing expectations of stakeholders
- Provide assistance to the finance team in the analysis and delivery of data, providing analytical and Excel support to achieve desired outcomes from existing system data and current reporting models.
- Engage in project work as part of a team and/or as an individual to contribute ideas and innovative solutions for development of management information and IT systems.
- Promote a high-level of user adoption, ownership and governance across finance systems and processes including the implementation of training and development of users.
- Develop effective business partnerships, working collaboratively with other members of staff across the organisation to ensure corporate objectives are achieved, embedding a culture of continuous improvement
- Establish system controls and authorisations thereby ensuring robust internal controls and adherence to delegation of authority.
- Liaise with internal/external auditors ensuring they receive all the financial system support they require to carry out their reviews effectively.
- Review systems and processes with a view to continuous improvement; communicating to Senior systems Accountant
- Part qualified accountant or studying towards or ATT qualification (P)
- Clear and concise verbal and written and presentation skills (E)
- Experience of reviewing processes, improving and implementing new working practices (E)
- Analytical, able to draw inferences from data and convert into meaningful information for non-finance audiences (E)
- Accurate with strong attention to detail (E)
- Advanced Excel skills including the ability to produce pivot tables, graphs and illustrative tables (E)
- Previous experience OR aptitude to train and develop systems users (P)
- Ability to organise own workload and meet deadlines often in the face of competing priorities with minimal supervision. (E)
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both internal and external customers/stakeholders. (E)
- Confident communicator and strong stakeholder management skills (E)
- Problem solving ability – able to question appropriately in order to diagnose issues and formulate solutions (E)
- Specialist knowledge of the Group’s existing financial IT systems (P)
- Experience of successfully managing projects (E)
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional analytical skills and level of accuracy (E)
- Demonstrable aptitude for problem solving, with a solutions-based mindset towards finding resolution to new challenges as well as existing issues (E)
- Proven ability to communicate complex analysis to a diverse audience to ensure shared understanding and progress towards achievement of goals (E)
- Highly organised, able to manage competing priorities and own workload with minimal supervision, as well as guide others to achieve project goals (E)
- Clear and concise verbal, written and presentation skills (E)
- Strong business partnering skillset with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders (E)